URLS subscribes to electronic journals, databases, and other full-text resources through commercial licensing agreements that restrict access to current students and staff. Only authorized users will connect from remote locations using User IDs assigned to them by the University ICT Unit. The licensed electronic resources made available by the University Library are for research, teaching and related activities of current University of Rwanda staff, students and other authorized users.
The University of Rwanda Library and Information Services shall facilitate enrolled students and staff to access electronic resources (Internet, databases, etc) while the ICT Services will be responsible for supplying all ICT support such as Internet access and maintenance required for continued access to e-resources.
Authorized UR users shall be able to:
- View and search the content of the online resource
- Download individual items or articles for use by an authorized user
- Print individual articles from the online resource for use by an authorized user
Authorized UR users are prohibited from engaging in activities that may result in suspension or revocation and /or discontinuation of the service for all URLS including:
- Sharing of passwords or authorized access codes with un-authorized users as this result in suspension or revocation of library privileges.
- Using of research4life passwords outside Rwanda
- Downloading articles or other information on a large-scale
- Using robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematically download content
- Posting copyrighted materials on a publicly accessible web site
- Reselling licensed information
- Engaging in actions intended to circumvent or defeat access control mechanisms of the Library or information provide
The Library shall not be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of material found in Library resources especially on the Internet, or for the occurrence of information that might be considered offensive. As with any information resource, library users should approach the information critically.