· Accessibility to the Library
College of Education Library is reserved for registered full time and part-time students, all staff of College of Education, College of Education alumni, outside readers with an authorization from the Library Management. The Library management, at its discretion reserves the right to accessibility.
· Timetable and opening hours
Monday to Friday: 7: 00 - 22:00
Saturday: 8: 00 - 12: 30
Sunday & Public holidays: Closed
Monday to Thursday: 7:00 - 17:00
Friday: 7:00 - 15:00
The Library board reserves the right to alter the time.
· Access to documentation
In situ consultation:whoever wants to enter the Library shall present the College of Education card or, otherwise gets an authorization from the Library management.
Borrowing is done on an individual basis up on presentation of the user card. The user is responsible for the books borrowed.
Teaching staff: A maximum of 6 books for 30 days renewable once; and 4 memoires or thesis for 3 days renewable once.
Other staff : A maximum of 3 books for 30 days renewable once; and 4 memoires or thesis for 3 days renewable once . Borrowing for student is fixed to a maximum of 3 standard books or modules for 15 days renewable once and a maximum of 2 fictions for 30 days renewable once
Document excluded from loan
The following documents cannot be lent: References such as dictionaries and repertoires, periodicals, series publications and other precious documents or deemed to be so by the Library. The library top management can however accept to grant a short loan for 1 day in a circumstance deemed to be exceptional.
· Quitus (Clearance form)
At the end of the academic year, the students must get from the 'borrowing bank', a 'quitus' certifying that they have handed over all the documents borrowed. No official document will be issued in favor of a student who will not have handed over or reimbursed the documents borrowed from the library. This also applies to any user, who will have not cleared with the library.
· General Provisions
- Penalties:The delay in returning the document is punished by a fine of Frw 200 per day for Standard book, module and fiction. Frw 1000 per day for Memoires, thesis and references.The damage to the document results in a payment equal to the value of the document damaged
Lost document or theft attempt result in payment of twice the value of the item lost or attempted to be stolen.
- Behavior in the library:Every user has got to keep quiet. No hat, overall, use of mobile phone- whether it is receiving or sending messages, no smoking, eating and drinking in the library.
The library employees are in charge of a close watch over the people in the library rooms and control of services and access. The staff in charge of the access to the rooms are entitled, if they deem it necessary, to check the content of the usersâ bags, briefcases or big files.
Note: Users are requested to willingly and courteously comply with the staff’s instructions.
- Security : Being a public place, the library cannot be liable for any theft of personal belongings